Thursday, October 25, 2012

Iron Man 2 REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the second Iron Man film, "Iron Man 2." So in this movie Iron Man not only fights against the bad guys, he fight against his friends and the government. Why is he fighting them? Well because of his alter-ego.

Lets get this review started with the negatives first shall we? Well I am going to have to say the script/plot of this movie needed to be completely redone. The whole thing was jumpy and didn't feel right. You wanted more from this movie, and as the sequel it didn't fill that need. The ending to me seemed rushed and quick. I hate it when movies have the final battle last one a couple of minutes tops. I mean the whole movie is build up and then, BAM its a quick and easy fight. I did also want to mention that this movie had to much humor in it. It was like it was trying to hard to be funny. The other thing I am going to have to comment on is Mickey Rourke. I really did not like him in this film, and I really also didn't like his character as the villain. It just felt week.

Other than those things I thought this was a somewhat enjoyable superhero movie. Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man is just brilliant as always. He plays Tony's cocky ego perfectly, but yet when he needs to be serious he can be. Don Cheadle is the replacement for Terrence Howard in this movie as the character James Rhodes. I think this is a worthy replacement. Usually I am not fond of studios replacing their characters with different actors, but Don just makes the character better than Terrence ever did. Scarlett Johansson is just incredible as Natasha Romanhoff. I would say more here but trying not to give anything away. Lets just say she is hot as hell, and does an incredible job at what she is supposed to do. Sam Rockwell is also in this movie as one of the other bad guys, and let me just say he can make a good bad guy. I loved him in here. The rest of the cast also is amazing as always. Now the special effects are very good in this film. I loved the work they do with the Iron Man suits. They are just awesome when Tony suits up. This moves us to the action parts of the film. Well I mentioned above they are to quick, but I did want to mention down here in the positives section that they have their badass moments too.

So all-in-all in the end it is a enjoyable superhero action film, but not a worthy addition to the "Iron Man" series. I feel bad about doing this but it is only going to get a rent worthy rating, but if you are a collector go for the Blu-ray. Not a must-see, but in the sake of it leading up to "The Avengers" you should see it. I will give it a popcorn flick rating though. As for the rating out of five it pains me to give "Iron Man 2" a 2.5/5 rating.

Well thank you for reading this review; I really do hope that you have enjoyed it. If you wanted to see my review of the first "Iron Man" film just CLICK HERE. So one more thing before I end this post. I did want to mention that tonight I will be posting my 100th post since I began this site on June 21, 2012. So make sure you stay tuned for that special review, and stay tuned for more . . . coming soon.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment