Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Truman Show REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for a film starring Jim Carrey, "The Truman Show." In this film an insurance salesman/adjuster discovers his entire life is actually a reality television show.

 Well lets begin with the positives for this review even though I really don't have ANYTHING negative to say about this film. Lets start with Peter Weir as director of this film shall we? Oh wow he has also directed "Dead Poets Society," but let me just say that he does an amazing job with this film. What makes it great is that he uses just so many camera angles for this film, that just helps pull you into the emotions of the film. The score for this film done by, Burkhard von Dallwitz, was just absolutely engaging. It helped make scenes more emotional, and I will be making sure to check out that soundtrack as soon as I am done with this review . . . no joke. Lets move onto the story and the plot of this film (which includes the screenplay written by, Andrew Niccol). Let me just say I find the idea of this story extremely intriguing. Just the idea of someones whole life being fake and that everything he grew up around was all just a stage and none of it was real at all. Then there is the way Andrew wrote the film that just makes you want to stay involved in the film, that I just love. At first you aren't sure how or what is happening but in the end they do an amazing job of explaining every single thing that you could have possibly had questions about. The dialogue too just seemed to flow great. Oh such a good movie here that includes amazing acting. I was always surprised to find out that Jim Carrey never got a nomination for his role within this film. I always thought his portrayal as Truman Burbank in this film was 100% Oscar-worthy! Then we have Ed Harris who also does an amazing job as, Christof, the director of "The Truman Show." He just is outstanding in this film, and he deserves his nomination for "Best Actor in a Supporting Role" nomination from the Academy. Everyone who is this film I just love. Noah Emmerich as, Marlan, is just GREAT too. This film also includes: Paul Giamatti, Laura Linney, and Holland Taylor (who usually is just SUPER annoying). They all seemed to do a great job with their characters, which helps make a great film that you will enjoy.

The only possible thing I could say bad about this film is that I wanted more out of the ending, which really isn't a negative. It's just I wanted more in the end.

So all-in-all what does this mean since I didn't really have anything negative to bad to say about this film. Well I never thought of this film when creating my TOP TEN LIST, but watching this film tonight has already made me change the list, and it has been addd to NUMBER TEN on the list! So yes "The Truman Show" is a 100% "Must-see film" and I would 100% recommend purchasing this on Blu-Ray! A very good popcorn flick for a movie night one night. So on the scale out of five what is this film going to receive? I am giving "The Truman Show" of course FIVE OUT OF FIVE!

Well thanks again for reading . . . I will make sure to get as many posts up as I can in the coming days. Oh I would also like to mention thanks for all the views . . . I have now done 50 posts in a little over two months, which to me is amazing since I already have over 1200 views, so thanks for everything. If you are new here though I hope you enjoyed this review enough to comeback again for more in the future. Seems like I will be doing more reviews than my other posts though, but I will try to slide other variety of posts in there once and awhile. Make sure you vote in the poll on the sidebar, oh and also make sure you spread the "word" . . . only if you enjoy my posts though. Again thanks for reading and make sure you stay tuned for more . . . coming soon.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment