Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Hanna REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the motion picture, "Hanna" starring Saoirse Rohan. In this film, a 16-year-old girl, Hanna, was raised by her father to be the perfect assassin. She is dispatched on a mission all across Europe. She is being followed by a ruthless intelligence agent and her operatives. Along the way Hanna begins to learn what she has been missing, and learns about her shaky past.

So lets talk about the negatives of this film shall we? Well the first thing I really want to point out that bugged me the most was the score of the film. It just seemed so intrusive of the story and what was happening in the film. I found it annoying and throughout the whole film I just wanted it to stop. The next thing that had bothered me was the plot, not a whole lot though. I would have to say here just the beginning really. If you watch this movie not knowing what you are in for at all, you will be a little confused for the first quarter to half of the movie . . . after that though things will start to click. The last thing really is the camera angles in some shots where just unnecessary and weird. I feel like they messed with the tone of the film a little. In some spot I felt like the film was very serious, but then you got that disturbing music and then a weird camera shot that ruined the tone.

Now we can move onto the positives that I really enjoyed within this film. Well lets just say again (like my "Fantastic Four" REVIEW) I really loved the cast of this film. Saoirse Rohan did an amazing, AMAZING job as the character of Hanna! She just consumed her character with greatness. Like I always say, "A good actor/actress is one that becomes there character and makes you believe that both of them (actor and character) are one." Eric Bana did a great job as Erik Heller. Then there is someone who really gave it her all too, Cate Blanchett. I thought she did incredible in this film. Of course there is more people in this film to consider like these actors who did a great job: Tim Beckham, Paris Arrowsmith, and Tom Hollander. Who really stood out as a newer actress was Jessica Barden as Hanna's friend. I thought she did pretty darn good. Now moving of the topic of acting I thought the action sequences and action scenes were AMAZINGLY well done. They didn't seem way to over the top and they made it very realistic. So props to Joe Wright for doing a good job directing them. I will have to say that besides what I mentioned above, I found the story of "Hanna" to be quite intriguing. The story of "Hanna" was brought to us by, Seth Lochhead. It kept me interested throughout the entire film, and I was always wondering what was going to happen next. One last thing I do want to mention is that I loved the ending of the film. At first I thought it was going to end in a really dumb spot, but in the end of the film I think it does the whole film what I like to call "justice."

So all-in-all what am I going to give the film "Hanna" directed by Joe Wright? Well I can say that this movie is worth buying on DVD. If you enjoy a good story where you DO have to pay attention and enjoy the film, this is a good film to purchase. On the scale out of five what is this film going to receive? I give "Hanna" a well deserved three point five out of five (3.5/5).

Well I would like to say thank you for reading this review of the motion picture, "Hanna" and I hope you have enjoyed. I would like to mention a few things though before you leave. If you have not seen my TOP TEN LIST yet make sure you check it out HERE. This list includes my top ten favorite movies of all time (to date) that I have seen. So make sure you check it out, I will be adding onto the list in days to come. Well again thanks for reading and thanks for the continued support. Now, make sure you stay tuned for more . . . coming soon.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment