Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Get Smart REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the comedy "Get Smart" starring Steve Carell. In this film Maxwell Smart, performed by Steve Carell, becomes Agent 86 for CONTROL. He battles against the evil forces of KAOS with the more-competent Agent 99, Anne Hathaway, at his side.

So shall we begin with the negatives of this film? Hm, well firstly I want to say that this movie is stupid. Ever seen "Austin Powers" starring Mike Meyers? It isn't that much stupid funny, but this film does have some key stupid funny parts within it. I like funny and I thought this movie had its funny moments, but there were some time where it got to be a little ridiculous. Then there was the fact being that the screenplay/plot wasn't really that good at all. Plot seemed a bit jumpy in spots and just wasn't that great. If you left this movie for a few minutes or fell asleep you wouldn't be upset that you missed anything. Its not the most compelling of stories. Moving onto the acting in this film though . . . I would have to say that only two peoples performances bugged me. Terry Crews as Agent 91 and David Koechner ad Larabee were really the only two that kind of bugged me the most. They are just annoying, and don't seem to put to much into there performance.

Moving onto the positives from this film I am going to have to say that I loved the performances by Steve Carell, Anne Hathaway, and Alan Arkin. They all seemed to perform very well in this film, and they most definitely became there characters. Everyone else in the film seemed to do decent in my eyes.  I do want to point out though that Anne Hathaway seemed to steal the show in this movie. I really love her performance in this film. Continuing on I do want to say that this movie did a very good job at making me laugh at points (except for the things I mentioned above). So it is a good laugh movie that for sure that you don't need to really stay attentive through. The score of this film was pretty decent, I really liked the theme song for this movie. The action in this movie to is really good, director Peter Segal did a good job with it. It keeps you on your toes through the film. Keeps making you want more and there is also the gadgets Agent 86 and 99 get. Of course everyone loves a good gadget, and they thought of some unique gadgets actually for this film. I like it when they use something original and not something that is over used.

So all-in-all what did I think about this film? Well if your having a comedy night with some friends this film would do some good. Check it out at your rental place of choice. "Get Smart" isn't going to get a buy worthy rating, its a decent film. On the scale out of five, "Get Smart" I will have to give a two point five out of five rating.

Well thanks for reading this review of Peter Segal's take on "Get Smart." I hope you have enjoyed my review, and you are going to come back for more in the future. If so make sure you subscribe by email in the sidebar, so you will be emailed when I update the blog with a new post. I would like to also mention to check out my TOP TEN LIST if you have not yet. I had just changed the tenth film on there recently. So thank you again for viewing and make sure you stay tuned for more . . . coming soon.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment