Thursday, September 20, 2012

Van Helsing REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the film, "Van Helsing." In this movie legendary monster hunter Van Helsing (played by Hugh Jackman) is summoned to Transylvania on a mission. The mission is to stop the evil vampire Dracula and foil his plans.

Well seeing as this movie has a lot of these I am going to start with the negatives of it. Well lets start with the plot and story line eh? First thing to say is, "WOW what a complete mess. The storyline just jumps around and is a complete mess. It is also boring and not at all interesting. In reality it is just creeping and dumb. Stephen Sommers I am sorry to say but your created a poor film here. The scenes are choppy too. Moving onward though I am going to say that the I really hate Kate Beckinsale. She may be good looking and all but nope terrible actress in this film. I would also have to say that really all the acting in this film wasn't the greatest except two actors. It just wasn't the kind that meant anything to me., you know what I mean?  The effects were not that good at all I would have to say, just blah boring. The look of movie too was also annoying because it was always so dark and mysterious (this could also have to do with the direction but Stephen Sommers). It just got confusing and annoying I guess.

Positives that come from this movie? Good make-up on the actors and creating the creatures (well some). Um I would also like to say that Richard Roxburgh did a great job as Count Dracula. There was also Kevin J. O'Conner who played the Igor. I thought he did a good job too. Other than that . . . I can't think of anything. Oh wait I thought the action in the film was pretty well done I guess. Thats all that kept me interested. Actually the score was decent too, by my man Alan Silvestri! He does a good job.

So all-in-all a short review because this film isn't one of the greatest. I was deceived by my sisters when they said this film was amazing. Well the ratings? I honestly wouldn't even give this a last-minute rent worthy, but if you like vampires and werewolf's and fantasy stuff like that you might . . . just might like it. So there is the only way it applies to the last-minute rent worthy rating. On a scale out of five what is it going to get? Well "Van Helsing" I guess can get a 1.5/5 rating.

Well thanks for reading this review, I hope you enjoyed it. Probably not one of my best because I did watch it last week and I remembered hating it GREATLY! Just not sure of every single detail about it. No need to check it out . . . I remember being bored while watching it. Again thanks for reading and make sure you stay tuned for more . . . coming soon.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment