Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present his fifth installment of his reviews of the "Harry Potter" series. In, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" it is Harry's fifth year at the legendary school Hogwarts . . . and in the wizarding world there is two wars going on right now. The war against (if you don't want to be spoiler because for some odd reason you have not seen these films, or read the book. Do NOT read the this review) Lord Voldemort has begun. Harry and his friends and allies have to also fight war against the ministry who is reluctant to believe that the dark lord has returned.

Well lets begin with positives of this "Harry Potter" film shall we? Well I really do again have to say that the trio is really progressing as actors, but in this film Daniel Radcliffe is really learning to shine. He has to be this pissed-off Harry in this film almost all the way through and I think he pulls it off greatly. Emma Watson and Rupert Grint also do very well, along with the rest of the cast. Ralph Fiennes again as (now I tell you) Lord Voldemort is just the greatest. He pulls it off greatly. One other person when first finding out who was going to be playing this character made me iffy at what the movie makers of the franchise were doing. Imelda Staunton does a great . . . no correction AMAZING job as Dolores Umbridge, and if you read the books you will understand why. The series is yet again under another director, David Yates, and I think he did alright. There are some other potential problems that could deal with his job, but I thought he did good. I do like the story line of the book but more on that later actually. "Order of the Phoenix" is a lot darker and heavy than the rest of the films, which make sense. It is done with greatness too, and it also starts to set up the beginning of the end battle (that you know is inevitable). The special effects of this film were great as they usually are in a "Harry Potter" film.

Now the weakness or negatives of this "Harry Potter" film. First off, I do want to say that this out of all the Harry Potter films, is my least favorites. The screenplay is firstly helmed by someone other than Steve Kloves (and it will be the only time it is). Micheal Goldenberg decided to helm this film and I want to say you screwed up this film Micheal. I thought the dialogue in this movie was just terrible, it seemed like there was barely a normal conversation in this film. They also seemed choppy. Not this is coming from a fan point of view, "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED WITH THE END TALK WITH DUMBLEDORE!?!?!" Ugh I was so angry and you will only understand if you have read the books and if you had you will agree with me when saying that they left a lot out. Now back to not fan view point (when the fan point does have some sense to a professional standpoint too) I do want to say that this film seems jus too quick, know what I mean? It all seems to happen to fast. Just doesn't seem to flow right I guess.

So all-in-all of course an enjoyable ride with Harry Potter again. I am going to have to bump this one down though to only a DVD buy worthy, but I will say it is a must-see film. Yes of course a popcorn flick, but no more is the "Harry Potter" franchise in the kids film range. So what does "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" get on the scale out of five? Well I am going to only give it a 3/5 rating.

Well thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed my fifth installment in the reviews of the "Harry Potter series. Haven't seen the previous four? See them here: "Sorcerer's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban, and Goblet of Fire." Thanks again for being valued fans of the blog and stay tuned for more . . . coming soon.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment