Monday, September 17, 2012

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present his second installment in the series of reviews for the "Harry Potter" series, "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets." In the Harry Potter's second year at Hogwarts he has to find a way to return to his school after a house-elf tries to stop him. When Harry makes it to school though he finds out that he might not have wanted to return after all, after an old school legend comes back . . . again.

Before I get into the review though I wanted to say thank you and sorry. I have been out for a week on reviews because I sliced a part of my right index finger off and it has been sore to type . . . I only did it if I had to. I have now started to heal, and decided tonight to start making reviews for movies again. (I have a bunch coming as I have had time while on bed rest to watch them). So make sure you do stay tuned. I also wanted to say thanks as I have had a steady amount of page views while being gone . . . I hope this continues as I am back now again and reviewing again. I hope you will continue to enjoy them, so stay tuned and lets get to this review (oh and I apologize in advance for errors, still hard to type).

So lets start with the negatives as to end on a positive note (as this is one of my favorite "Harry Potter films").  Well I really have only two things to say about this movie. One is that it is extremely . . . slow. This movie continues to drag and drag on with no end. This leads me into number two which I am going to say that this could have taken out scenes and made it probably an hour shorter (also a positive here though). It is just such a slow paced movie, which makes you in the end super tired.

Moving onto the positives of this film though. Well this movie is just great, the acting from the kids only gets better. The trio are just becoming great at acting, and we are only on the second film. We get a couple new characters in this film and Jason Issacs, Mark Williams, and Robert Hardy (as Fudge) all do a great job. The voice of Dobby is played by Toby Jones and he seems to become the character, which I absolutely love. The next thing really is that the direction of this movie is great, Christopher Columbus always seems to do a great job at keeping you somewhat interested in this film. The screenplay is very well done by Steve Kolves (again) . . . except of course for the things mentioned above. Which leads me to the fact that this film is definitely one of the most loyal to the book (which is a good and bad thing). Bad because it made the movie slow, but good because fans of the book will enjoy it more. The special effects for this film are very great since there are some huge things that they are needed for. Lets just say AGAIN John Williams nailed it with his score for this film. I loved it and of course it is another must-have score.

So-all-in-all Harry's second year at Hogwarts is another enjoyable ride that you must-see! Is is 100% a must-see and I would have to say go ahead and purchase it at your choice! Either way your going to want to either watch it yourself, regardless your age, or enjoy it with little kids. It is a great story for them too. So on a scale out of five what does "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" get? Well I am going to have to say a four out of five.

Well thanks for reading this second installment in my reviews of the "Harry Potter" series, for the film "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets." I hope you have enjoyed. I do want to again say thank you for continuing to view my blog here. It has meant the world to me. Stay tuned for a BUNCH of reviews because I have a bunch to catch up on. I hope you continue to enjoy the blog here, and THANK YOU! :) 

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment