Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Over the Hedge REVIEW



The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present another review off the track of the "Harry Potter" series reviews, a review for "Over the Hedge." In this film a raccoon fools a family of forest creatures into helping him repay a debt of human food. They invade the new suburban neighborhood that popped up while they were hibernating for the winter. Panic ensues and in the end it leaves a good message.

Well lets start with the positives that come from "Over the Hedge." Well firstly the entire cast that voices this characters in this film are great. They definitely did a good job picking the correct characters here. Steve Carell, Wanda Sykes, Bruce Willis, Garry Shandling, William Shatner, Nick Nolte, and Thomas Haden Church all are fantastic. The the storyline of this film follows a great tone and keeps you well interested the whole way through. I loved how they poked fun at humans since the main of this film is about the animals life. The messages within this film are great too for little ones. They get to watch an enjoyable movie, and yet it sends them off with the right message. The directors of this film did great, keeping every detail of the film important. The animation of the film just looked great and I loved it. Then there was the humor in this film . . . usually humor is a hard thing to get by on me. Well I thought this movie was hilarious. It did a great job at giving me some laughs, and I remember as a kid I laughed. So this movie is great for a babysitter to have when babysitting some kids.

Negatives that come from "Over the Hedge." Well I have to say there is just TOO much funny is spots where is needs to be serious. The character Hammy was just over the top funny, and in the end could be enjoyable but got annoying to how much they over-used him for funny. The last thing I want to mention here is that the movie felt really rushed. I realize its a kids movie but its not even an hour an a half long. I just feel like that is too short to be a feature film, don't you agree? It just seemed to keep moving and moving with and moved from one point STRAIGHT to the next.

So all-in-all what did I think of this film? Well its definitely a DVD buy-worthy. You and your kids will enjoy it more than once. Good family night film, and you guessed it . . . a kids film. Not a must-see though. On the scale out of five, "Over the Hedge" will get a three point five out of five. 

Well thanks for reading this review of the animated film "Over the Hedge." Hope you have enjoyed it. I do want to say one thing though . . . again (like I always do) before I leave with this review. Thanks for the continued support here. It means the world to me. I am almost at 1500 views in about four months . . . may not seem like a lot, but to me it is just HUGE. I never thought I would have this many. So thanks again and make sure you spread the word about "The Motion Picture Buff Reviews." Hey also stay tuned for more . . . coming soon.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment