Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban REVIEW



The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present the third installment of the "Harry Potter" series reviews with the review of "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban." In this film Harry Potter is starting this third year at Hogwarts. Trouble is a brewing when Harry discovers that convicted murderer Sirius Black is after him. He also has to deal with these creatures that continue to attack him.

Well I think it is time we should talk about the positives first for a Harry Potter film. Well as said in previous reviews for the Harry Potter films, the acting just continues to get better for the child stars. They seem to advance with there skills and still seem to give a great performance. This film also introduces a few new characters that are quite important. Gary Oldman (who plays Sirius Black) and David Thewlis (who plays Remus Lupin, the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher). They both do an outstanding job, and Gary Oldman is just fantastic as always. This film is the first one to introduce a new director, Alfonso Cuarón. Let me just say I love the way he took this Harry Potter film. He gave it a darker tone, but at the same type kept it enjoyable for kids. He also used camera angles to make beautiful shots and scenes which helps make a great movie. Moving on . . . the hair and costumes in this film were great . . . and like I have said in previous reviews, if I mention that its because I noticed it and I NEVER notice it which means its outstanding. Then there is John Williams giving his amazing score again for the franchise. Let me just say this is probably my favorite film score for the entire franchise, so yeah it is a must-buy. It just is fun and inventive, and just adds a whole new level to the film.

Now one main negative from a professional standpoint came from this film, and that is the fact that they didn't do a good job explaining some things which kind of bothered me. At some points it was hard to catch what was going on (if you haven't read the books). Now as a fan I will have to say one negative and that is that they left out some crucial points from the book which is very upsetting. So Steve Kloves this wasn't your greatest Harry Potter film.

So all-in-all what is "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" going to get? Well it is a great kids film and a great Harry Potter film as its self. It is 100% a must-see film, and it does deserve a Blu-Ray buy worthy rating. On the scale out of five though, what does it get? Well I am going to be harsher than I should and say a four out of five. It is a very enjoyable film though.

Well thanks for reading this review of "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban." I hope you have enjoyed this third installment of my reviews of the "Harry Potter" series, and that you stay tuned for more. Make sure you didn't miss the first two reviews though, here is my review for "Sorcerer's Stone" and here is the review for "Chamber of Secrets." So thanks again and stay tuned for more . . . coming soon.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment