Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Fantastic Four REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for Marvel's "Fantastic Four." In this film, a group of astronauts get superpowers after being exposed to a cosmic radiation storm that they were originally going to do tests on. They learn they need to use these powers to oppose their enemy, Doctor Victor Von Doom.

Well I decided to watch this film because I was in a superhero mood last night, and well here are some of the positives I got from this film. Well I loved the cast in this film. I thought Ioan Gruffudd did a really good job as Reed Richards or a.k.a. "Mr. Fantastic." There was also Jessica Alba in this film . . . to whom I thought did a decent job with her character. She wasn't as good as the rest of the cast, but I thought she did alright for this movie. Chris Evans was born to play the character of Johnny Storm a.k.a. "The Human Torch." He just pulls of that cocky care-free attitude perfectly. So well done Chris. We also have Micheal Chiklis as Ben Grimm or "The Thing." He did excellent as his character. Like I said this was the perfect casting for the "Fantastic Four," but of course every hero need a villain and Julian McMahon plays the role as Dr. Doom perfectly! He is 100% a perfect villain. One other thing I liked about this film is its key way to keep you somewhat interesting (with the powers they have), and it's attempt to make this whole thing a little more real. I thought it did a decent job with it.

Now the negatives. Where shall I start? Well the plot is just to obvious and blunt. You know where this film is headed right from the beginning. If you haven't seen this or have never even read the comics, you will know the bad guy like instantly. It wasn't interesting really at all, and I just feel like there was no creativity going into the making of this. All the big problems in the action scenes, or what should be a great epic fight scene just has a quick and easy fix to it. Which to me is really annoying, because you watch this whole movie waiting for a huge fight scene and then BAM easy fix . . . all done. The the special effects within this film are so outdated. You can so tell almost everything is done with special effects, for which this movies time is pretty bad. The dialogue and love story within this film is super cheesy. You feel like this movie is a comic in itself. Most superhero movies these days (even for this movie) have a dark tone to it. "Fantastic Four" tries to have a dark tone to it with "Dr. Doom" but it fails at it miserably.

So all-in-all this movie has a great cast who do a good job with there characters, but the plot and story they are portraying is not good enough to make it a good film. It may keep you somewhat interested because of the cool powers, but in the end you might want to rent this film if your having a superhero movie night. It would be enjoyable with friends so you can talk and won't be hurt if you miss anything. On a scale out of five, I am going to give "Fantastic Four" a two out of five.

Well thanks for reading . . . I hope you have enjoyed this review of Marvel's "Fantastic Four." Now if your new here please help me out by spreading the word about this review site (if you have enjoyed them so far). I would greatly appreciate it, as it helps me continue to review movies for you all. I would also like to say make sure you vote on the poll in the sidebar . . . time is running out. Thanks again for reading and now make sure you stay tuned for more . . . coming soon.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment