Thursday, September 6, 2012

Transformers REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the motion picture "Transformers" directed by Micheal Bay. In this film an ancient struggle starts up on planet Earth between two extraterrestrial clans. The good guys, Autobots, and the sinister Decepticons. They are both searching for a young teenager, who has a clue to the ultimate power.

So everyone most likely has by now seen "Transformers" but do not worry this is still a spoiler-free review starting with the negatives. Firstly I want to comment on the good but inconsistent plot. What I mean by this is that sometimes they would say one thing in the movie, but in another scene it would totally go against what they had said earlier. There were other little plot "gaps" I guess that were annoying. Moving onto the acting of just one actress in this film. I may love this girl, but Megan Fox your acting in is just shaky. There are some spots where you are really good, but then the next scene you really suck. You may be hot as all hell but it won't fix your bad acting. The next thing I want to comment on is that, "BOOM!" I feel like this was one of the purposes of this movie, which was just to show a lot of explosions and demolition. Apparently Micheal Bay, director of this franchise, is famous for overusing demolition.

We now move onto the positives from the movie "Transformers." Well as you can expect (if you have seen it) I am going to comment on how great the special effects of this movie are. There probably isn't one scene in this film where I am not just blow away with the effects made for this film. The Autobots/Decepticons look amazing, and so do all of the fighting and actions sequences. The sound effects (which I never mention in my "Hanna" review) are suburb. This means a lot coming from me because unless they are good enough for me to even notice them . . . I won't notice sound effects that are added into a film. I did love the camera angles in this film a lot. All the perspectives that Micheal Bay got into this film were just great, and I feel like it creates a better movie as a whole. The plot (as mentioned above) has some flaws, but what I want to talk about is the way it flows and the actual story. I feel like those two things about the plot/screenplay were very good. The entire film kept me interested and kept me wanting more (which there is to come). Last thing that need to be mentioned is the performances by the actors for this film. Well Shia LeBeouf does an incredible, and I mean INCREDIBLE job in this film. I really have to wonder sometimes how he didn't at least get a nomination for his role in this movie. The rest of the cast I believe did a good job. They did make an enjoyable movie, but no one stood out like Shia. The rest of the cast includes: Jon Voight, Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, John Turturro, Anthony Anderson, and more.

So all-in-all what do you think "Transformers" is going to get? Well I am going to have to say that it is a "must-see film." It may not get a high rating later on in the review, but it is a movie that really is something you have to see to believe. It really is a good enjoyable film, and it would make a GREAT addition to your movie night, or a good popcorn-flick one night. Its a movie you most likely will watch more than once, which makes a "must-see film." Oh and it also gets a "Blu-Ray buy worthy" rating too because it will look even better on Blu-Ray. So on a scale out of five what does "Transformers" get? I will give this film a three point five out of five.

Well thank you for reading and I hope you have enjoyed this review. I would also like to thank you for continuing to read my reviews here on "The Motion Picture Buff Reviews." I really appreciate it, it means a lot to me. Now make sure you stay tuned for more though because it is . . . coming soon.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment