Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Grown Ups REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the motion picture, "Grown Ups." In this film five former friends and teammates get back together on the fourth of July weekend, after finding out that their old middle school basketball coach died.

Well lets talk about the positives first that come from this Adam Sandler film. Well lets just say it had some heart to it. It had a good message to display to people, and it did a decent-ish job displaying it. Not only did it have heart it had some good laughs too.  Now usually I hate Adam Sandler's more recent films, but I thought this one to be somewhat funny. It wasn't over the top stupidity, like his films usually are now a days. I did think that the acting from each person was decent well, they were believable. Maybe thats because the actor/actresses in this film are always playing funny roles.

Now this is an Adam Sandler film so of course there is going to be negatives that I have to speak. First of all when I said that this movie was funny, I wasn't saying the whole film was. There was some scenes in this film that were just a little to far over the top. Ugh, what should I expect though right? It's just irritating some of the scenes they add in there that they think is funny, when in reality they are just weird and completely unnecessary. When I said all the acting was good I did forget to say except a few. One really in general. I have never liked Rob Schneider as an actor. He performances are always the same and they are always annoying. The flow of the movie I do want to mention. What I have to say is that I thought the whole film just seemed rushed. It all flowed along really quickly and just didn't seem natural. That being said the dialogue in some spots of the film also did have that naturalistic feel to it.


So all-in-all I think "Grown Ups" could be a decent film to rent one day/night to watch with a group of friends. Which means yes it is a popcorn flick. Now originally I was going to give "Grown Ups" a 3/5 rating, but after some serious thought and such I am going to have to give it a 2.5/5 rating.

Well thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed this review. Seems like it is not my best one, but I did watch this movie about two weeks ago, and it is hard to remember everything that I liked or disliked. This is the last of the reviews though from when I was off on my injury. Now I am back to watching a film, then doing the review before my next movie. I do want to say thanks again for everyone's loyal readership here on the blog. This month is almost about to beat my highest viewed month so far, so thanks to all who have read. Now make sure you stay tuned for more reviews of motion pictures . . . coming soon.

The Motion Picture Buff

1 comment:

  1. Still mad at you for changing the ratting!!!! :)

    But Ill get over it!!!!

    ReplyDelete