Friday, September 21, 2012

Dredd 3D REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the reboot film "Dredd 3D." In this film we are put into a violent futuristic city, where cops have the authority to act as judge, jury, and the executioner. "The" Judge Dredd teams with a rookie judge to take down a gang that deals a reality-altering drug called, SLOW-MO!

Well positives of "Dredd 3D?" A ton, it may surprise you because it sure as hell surprised me when I watched this film. Lets start differently though with this review instead of acting first lets talk about the plot, story, and screenplay first. Well they were all really great. The dialogue in the movie was fantastic and the story lined flowed seamlessly. I loved it so much, it will 100% keep you interested the whole way. So props to Alex Garland for writing the screenplay for this film. Moving on I did like the action scenes in this film. They were done great and they did not seem rushed which makes good action scenes. I do want to also mention that they weren't over the top either, they were just great. The props for that goes to director Pete Travis. He also did a good job with the entire film, I really enjoyed the ride this film gave me. I was on the edge of my seat the whole way. Next thing I am going to mention is the soundtrack which for this film was helmed by Paul Leonard-Morgan. I thought it really helped add something to the movie, and I really did enjoy it. The acting in this film though now? Well Karl Urban was GREAT as Judge Dredd. His performance was great and his voice fit the character perfectly. Olivia Thirlby as Anderson was also great. She did a really good job at becoming her character I believe. Then there is the lady who play, Ma-Ma. Lena Heady was outstanding as her. Probably one of the greatest actress to play a villain. I loved her performance, and it was hard to believe that it was actually her. Great job. One more thing to mention is that the 3D was very good, I did enjoy it in 3D. That is always a plus since it is $10 a ticket.

Well I do now have a few negatives with this film. First of all the parts where they used slow motion capture to show the drug, SLOW-MO. All the scenes they used it with were great, but they over used it in that scene. I hope you get what I mean. Its just that they kept the slow-motion in the SLOW-MO scenes to long. The next thing was that the end seemed a little rush. It does it justice (pun intended) but it just seemed rushed. The last negative that I do want to mention is that the special effects in some scenes (with blood) were a little cheesy.

So all-in-all a VERY enjoyable film that I am going to say, "Shocked the hell out of me." I did expect it to suck, but in the end I shouldn't judge movies by their trailers. Whats "Dredd 3D" going to get? Well yes it is 100% a must-see film, a gory one at that but it is. When it comes to DVD and Blu-Ray . . . get it on Blu-Ray, it deserves it for sure. Oh and yes it is 150% a popcorn flick, it would be great for a movie night with friends. As for the rating out of five, "Dredd 3D" will get a 4/5 rating.

Well thanks for reading and I hope that you enjoyed this review of "Dredd 3D." Remember to click the "like" button in the sidebar to "like" the Motion Picture Buff on Facebook. I do want to (again as usual) say thanks for the continued support, and to make sure you stay tuned for more . . . coming soon.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment