Monday, October 8, 2012

Prometheus REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for Ridley Scott's "Prometheus." In this film a team of explorers go to another planet's moon to try and learn the discovery of mankind. Here they discover they did not arrive where they had hoped to. Now they must fight to save the future of human-kind.

Well well well I absolutely love this movie. That is all I can really say to start out the positives of this film. The premise of this film is just intriguing as all hell! I love it so much, it is basically what I think about on a day-to-day basis. I thought the storyline of this film did a great job with this premise to, along with the film. It just flowed naturally and perfectly. Great job at keeping me and audiences intrigued the whole way through. I love the direction Ridley Scott took this film in, and he just did an amazing job with this film. Every shot was the right shot, and you were on the edge of your seat the whole time waiting to see what would happen next. The cinematography was great also in this film I thought. Everything just looked great Dariusz Wolski, director of photography for this film. The score of this film was also wonderful. Marc Stritenfeld was at the helm of composing this film and I think they picked the perfect person to do this film. Literally it is a must buy and I will be making sure I do soon. It just added to the film perfectly, and gave the scenes just what they needed. I enjoyed it so much. The visual effects in this movie were also great, nothing ever looked fake I believe. Everything just looked so real, and you will get really engaged in this film right from the very beginning. Now for the acting in this film. Well Noomi Rapace does a great job as, Dr. Shaw. I really loved her within this film, I thought she did a fantasic job. It is my belief she really became her character in this film. Now who would have thought Micheal Fassbender could play a robot? Well of course he could right? He is a very talented actor! He plays the part as David the robot perfectly. Even his voice is just perfect for the role. Guy Pearce, Logan Marshall-Green, Charlize Theron, Idris Elba, and more are also in this film. They all seem to really have fit there part and became there characters. I loved them all, and when it comes to performances I grade hard!

Well there of course has to be a negative right? Well its with the screenplay a little bit actually. I don't want to mention it to much as to give away a good twist in the film. I will have to say this though, there is an important part to the plot that happens. When this happens it just doesn't seem natural as to the part. Everyone doesn't seem to adapt like you would normally think they should. Kind of bothering to me because it didn't seem natural because no one should have expected it.

So all-in-all though this film has a great premise and it did that premise extreme justice. A very enjoyable science-fiction film. They did a great job at keeping you on your toes throughout the film and it really makes you think about, "Why are we here?" So "Prometheus" is going to get a must-see rating for sure, along with a popcorn flick for you and your buddies to enjoy! I will for sure give it a Blu-ray buy worthy rating. As for the rating out of five, "Prometheus" will receive a 4.5/5 rating.

Well thank you for reading, and I really do hope that you have enjoyed this review. Now can I ask you a favor? Can you please spread the word . . . anyway you want about the review site here? I have been getting amazing amount of views here and I thank you. It would be ever helpful if you can pass along the word though because the more views I get the more it helps me too. So thanks again, but make sure you stay tuned for more . . . coming soon.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment