Thursday, October 4, 2012

Taken REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the movie, "Taken." In this film a retired CIA agent goes on a hunt for his daughter after she was taken by some fugitives who kidnap young women for prostitution.

So lets begin this review with the negatives from this film. Well first of all this movie just has no break. Its like one thing is happening and then it doesn't even stall and then BAM the next thing is already happening. The plot and everything isn't the best, it is just the movie moves along way to quick and it feels rushed. The other thing that bothered me is that it really never does a good job explaining things, and it leaves a few things unresolved in the end I thought.

What does this movie have going for it though? Well Liam Neeson is the main reason this movie excels! He just pulls off an amazing performance within this film, and his action sequences within this film are just BAD-FREAKING-ASS! He really can play a bad-ass protective father. His voice too was just perfect for the role. Maggie Grace as Kim is also really good, I did enjoy her performance. The chemistry between her and Liam I thought was very believable too. The next thing I did enjoy was Pierre Morel's direction of the film. The camera angle and shots were always perfect and helped us feel like we were in the middle of the action. Speaking of which the action sequences in this film were just awesome. I loved it and in some scene you just have to cringe at what Liam Neeson does to some of the bad guys. The film was very engaging in this film and you really cared about Liam Neeson's character and what he was fighting for. I thought the writers did a really job setting that up. I also thought they had an interesting idea for the film. It was a very simple idea and they went with it in a decent way I thought. I do also want to mention the score of the film which I thought helped a lot with some action sequences and brought something to the scenes. So well done Nathaniel Méchaly.

So all-in-all this film is a great bad-ass film! It is very intriguing and engaging and I promise you will enjoy it if you love Liam Neeson. I am going to have to give it a must-see rating along with a DVD buy worthy. It is close to Blu-ray, so if you wanted to go ahead . . . it will be worth it. It is 150% a popcorn flick for a movie night and it is again BAD-ASS! As for the rating out of five I will give, "Taken" a 3.5/5 rating.

Well thanks for reading and I am hoping that you enjoyed this review. Make sure you stay tuned because now I am off to see "Taken 2" and the review of the film will be up as soon as I get home. So if you are thinking of going to see it this weekend you can see if it is worth it here. Well stay tuned for more motion picture reviews . . . coming soon.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment