Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fight Club REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the 1999 film, "Fight Club." So in this film a insomniac office worker and a "soap" maker form and underground fight club. Eventually the fight club turns into an army with a revolution in mind.

So shall we begin this review with the negative shall we? Well the first thing I want to mention is that I am pretty sure that this movie was trying to convey a message but in the end it just completely had no clue what it was going for. I just was confused on what this film was trying to say because at one point it had a good message but then nearing the end it really lost its point and just had no point. The next thing is the ending . . . it really made no sense at all and just seemed quick and choppy. It had also left me confused in a way. The next thing really is the whole movie in itself. It wears on your brain when your trying to keep up with everything. Yes I like movies where it makes you think, but this film just wore on my brain. By the end you are ready for it, and you need a rest before you can recover.

Other than that I really enjoyed this film. Brad Pitt . . . seriously I do not think I have ever seen any better acting from him in any of his movies I have seen. I loved him within this film. Edward Norton also did a great job to, he can really play the part of his character. Plus these two actors had amazing chemistry together . . . outstanding. Helena Bonham Carter also did a great job, then again she always does fantastic. I think David Fincher, the director, did a great job with the action sequences within this film. The fights in this movie were just great. I usually don't like these kind of fights, but this film just made me love it because it was done great. He also added something to the film that kept it engaging and want you to know more. He always had the perfect shot, you never really had a bad angle. I really did enjoy the twist within this film. I never in my dreams would have seen it coming. It tied in with the story greatly and I did enjoy it a lot. Helped make more sense (well some sense) of the movie. The dialogue in the film too seemed natural and very well thought out. I did enjoy that. So decent job, Jim Uhls, with that. Just things mentioned above needed fixing. I did enjoy the music within this film as well, I thought it helped add something to the film. So good job, Dust Brothers.

So all-in-all a good fight film. It tries to deliver a message but doesn't deliver quite all the way. You will enjoy it if you like Brad Pitt, or if you enjoy a good fight movie. As for the ratings, I will give it a rent worthy rating along with a popcorn flick. You and your friends would enjoy it one night. As for the rating out of five, "Fight Club" will get a 3/5 rating.

Well thanks for tuning in to read this review, I hope that you enjoyed it. Do make sure you subscribe by email in the sidebar, you don't wanna miss a post do you? You can also like "The Motion Picture Buff" on Facebook to get notified when I upload a new post there too. Thanks again though, and now make sure you stay tuned for more reviews of motion pictures . . . coming soon.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment