Friday, October 5, 2012

The Prestige REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the movie, "The Prestige." In this film a rivalry between two great magicians gets worse when one of them performs the ultimate trick. A trick that tops them all.

Shall we start with the negatives first with this review? Well I think all I really have to say here is that the film sometimes you get really confused in. In the end it doesn't explain everything and it leaves you with a few questions.

Other than that I am going to say I throughly enjoyed this film. Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman were fantastic in this film and they had amazing chemistry together. I thought they were really made to play there parts in this film. The look in their eyes were just phenomenal and I mean that. What I mean by this is that they had this look in there eyes when they acted that just helped me believe that they were their characters. Scarlett Johansson is in this film as well and I thought she was only good in "The Avengers" but I was way wrong. She does a very good job in this film. Micheal Caine, Piper Perabo, and Rebecca Hall are also in this film and they all do a great job. Then again Micheal Caine usually always gives a great performance. I do want to mention on the cinematography as well from this film because the look and feel of the film is just great. Wally Pfister is the cinematographer of this film, he got an Oscar nomination for it and he definitely deserves it. The sets of this film were also great. They really put you in London back in the day. Now this is a Christopher Nolan film, which means he did indeed directed it. What do I have to say about his job in this film? Well I thought he did a good job with it. The film was very engaging and it really kept me on the edge of my seat. The screenplay for this film was done by Christopher Nolan and also his brother, Jonathan Nolan. They did a really good job with it. I really enjoyed the dialogue in this film, and plus this film had some pretty incredible twists that I never would have seen coming at all. I will give them high props for that.  The only problem I had with it was mentioned above.

So all-in-all what is this film going to get? Well firstly I want to say that it is a very intriguing drama/mystery. They had a very good premise and they made a very good movie with it. I am going to give "The Prestige" a must-see rating actually because it really is a enjoyable film that people should see. Your preference on the way you want to purchase this film. DVD or Blu-ray would do equally as good (I would buy Blu-ray though because I enjoy it more). A defiant popcorn flick and I could see it as a date-night flick, there is some good romance in there. As for the rating out of five, "The Prestige" will get a 4/5 rating.

Well thanks for reading this review. I hope you enjoyed it and that you will check out the film. Now make sure you stay tuned for more reviews of motion pictures . . . coming soon.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment