Friday, October 12, 2012

Sinister REVIEW


Well it is definitely Halloween season, and the "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the horror film, "Sinister." I had the pleasure of seeing it at 10 o'clock last night so let just say I am a little freaked out. In this film though, a true-crime novelist moves into the home of where the victims of his new story died. Here he finds footage of the killings, but he released something he didn't intend to. So, once you have released "Mr. Boogie" though it is already to late.

Well as you know I am not a huge fan of scary/horror films. They scare the living shit out of me. Now before I do get into this review though I do want to apologize in advance for language used in this review. It really is only the best way to describe this film.

So shall we start with the negatives of this horror flick first? Well most scary films are extremely predictable and just so obvious with the scary moments. In "Sinister" you had this as well. You knew what was going to happen. You knew the scary moments and you knew most likely all of the plot right of the bat.

Other than that though it was a really good scary movie. Yeah you knew what was going to happen, but the good thing about it is you don't know when the scary moment is going to happen. The film also kept you scared and just kept everything creepy even though you knew what was going to be creepy. I actually screamed twice within the movie (with all my friends laughing around me of course). I was terrified the whole way through. So I am going to have to give props to the director, Scott Derrickson, and to the writer who is also Scott Derrickson and C. Robert Cargill. Holy shit can they really fucking creep you out (sorry again). Plus I do want to add they had probably the best ending to a scary movie I have seen. I loved to hate it, because it was just fucking creepy. I went home and I fell asleep yes but I couldn't stop picturing "Mr. Boogie" in the darkness. I also woke up once or twice throughout the night because I couldn't get him out of my head. So props to them for creating probably one of the scariest films I have ever seen. I do also remember this one time my arms went flailing all over the place because I was scared. Now the acting from everyone in this film was just great also. Ethan Hawke pulled off an amazing performance I thought. He was just really good in this film, and it was nice to see him again. It has been awhile since we have seen him in a film. Good job to the rest of the cast as well. Kept the movie creepy but yet enjoyable.

So all-in-all a creepy ass movie that will keep you scared for quite awhile after. I am still scared now,  and I can still scare myself if I think about it and "Mr. Boogie." This film, "Sinister" is going to get a Blu-ray buy worthy rating, but as I hate scary movies I will not be buying it. It will also get a popcorn flick rating, if you and your friends are having a scary movie night, this film will definitely work for that. As a scary movie though, I guess I could give it a must-see rating, but not for professional film standards. A must-see as in for horror films. As for the rating, "Sinister" is going to get a 4/5 rating.

Well thank you for reading this review, and I really hope you did enjoy it. I apologize again for the language, but it really is the best way to describe it. Thanks again and make sure you stay tuned for more . . . coming soon.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment