Saturday, October 27, 2012

Cloud Atlas REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the anticipated movie, "Cloud Atlas." In this film it shows how the acts of an individual life can affect lives of the past, present, and future. It also shows us how everything is connected in a way throughout each century. How one soul can transform from a killer into a hero.

So hm shall I start with the negatives first? I literally had to sleep on this movie because I was not sure what to think, but I will do my best to give this film justice. First negative I really noticed was that in some scenes it was hard to tell what the actors were saying. I was listening hard but it just seemed like their words were muffled. The next thing was that this movie could be extremely confusing at times. Their were scenes in this film that didn't really have anything to do the main point of the film. So in the end the film could have probably been at least 30 minutes shorter; as it is pushing the three hour mark already. The last thing I guess I would have to mention would be that it skips from each time-place to quickly in some spots, but at times this could also be a good thing.

Now for the good parts about "Cloud Atlas." Well first of all for being a three hour movie, it really had kept me intrigued and interested the entire time. Their were times when I was sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for something to happen, and their were also times where I was almost crying! Plus there is this one scene with Jim Broadbent that I actually put my hands in the air cause it made me happy. I did want to mention also that at one point I couldn't look because I was scared to see what was going to happen. Of course though I looked. So this film did good with all the emotions it had. The next thing I wanted to mention was that how it kept the tone of the movie together well. Like their would be a battle scene and then it would show that tone throughout each timezone. I thought it did this well, so I guess I will give credit to the directors there. The premise of the movie too is very interesting and I did like how it wrapped it all up. The love stories in it were very heartwarming and each individual story I enjoyed. Last thing to mention really though is that all of the acting from all of the cast in this film was very good. I enjoyed everyone's multiple performances in this film. I would mention some but this review is dragging on. My favorite though I would have to say is Jim Broadbent's.

So all-in-all a three hour movie that you really have to think about and pay attention, but it is actually enjoyable. You might be confused at times, but go home and think about it because you will. As for the ratings I am going to give it a Blu-Ray buy worthy rating. It has some neat visuals in it that would be worth it, plus the cinematography I enjoyed. It's not must-see worthy though, its that kind of movie that is preference to what you enjoy, and I enjoy this type of film. For sure though I am going to give it tour-de-force. As for the rating out of five, "Cloud Atlas" is going to get a worthy 3.5/5 rating.

Well thanks for reading and I hope you did enjoy this review. So make sure you stay tuned for more . . . coming soon because "Bond" is coming . . . "James Bond."

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment