Thursday, October 25, 2012

Avatar REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present his 100th post as a review for the critically acclaimed motion picture, "Avatar." In this film a disabled Marine is sent to the moon, Pandora, to fill in for his brothers absence because of his death. Here Jake Sully, has a unique mission, but yet he is torn between following orders, and protecting the world he now calls home.

So shall we get the nasty negatives out of he way first? Well I guess I am going to have to say the predictability of the film. It is a little obvious with some parts the way the movie is going to play out. Its not so original as it claims to be, but yet there is some twists.

Besides that this movie is a TRUE masterpiece. Lets begin with the most obvious thing that this movie has to offer. The special effects in this film are just ground-breakingly amazing. Everything just looks so real, and it is just sometimes impossible to believe that mostly all of this film is computer generated. The cinematography too is just amazing for this film. The whole film just looks absolutely beautiful. James Horner is the composer for this film's score, and let me just say I have seen this film at least 100 times and I just hum along to the music. Some of the lyrics I even memorize. Truly a must purchase score for movie music fans, I know I have it! Now one of the other cool thing about this is that this whole world was created from the imagination of the great James Cameron. Its amazing to think that he though of this entire world when he wrote this script. So of course I have to give him credit for that. James Cameron also directed this film and let me just say he definitely does an incredible job with it. Your engaged into the film right from the very start. You can't pull your eyes away even for a second. You just want to know whats going to happen. I will mention here that the last 30 minutes are just amazing and it just makes me love the film even more. Moving back onto the topic of the world he created though, I did want to mention that whoever was in charge for creating the creatures did an incredible job as well. They looked amazing realistic and not just some silly creatures. They looked like somewhere in reality that they could be out there. The costumes and look for the Nav'i were also well done. I do want to say thanks to everyone involved with this film for creating an amazing film that is truly engaging from minute one. Now the acting. Sam Worthington, Zoë Saldana, Stephen Lang, Sigourney Weaver, Michelle Rodriguez, Joel David Moore, Giovanni Ribisi, and many others were included in the cast for this film. They all gave a good performance for this film. If I had to pick a favorite though, I am going to have to say that it was Zoë Saldana's performance as Neytiri. Though I will say well done to everyone. Thanks again for such an amazing film that I enjoy every time I watch it.

So all-in-all a visual pleasure to the eyes film. It is just one of those movies that for certain will go down in history as one of the greats! For the ratings it is going to get a must-see film rating. Well of course it would, it is number nine on my "TOP TEN FILMS" list. The only way to watch this film is on Blu-ray, so of course a Blu-ray buy worthy. I will give it a popcorn flick rating as well. As for the rating out of five, "Avatar" will receive a worthy 4.5/5 rating.

So why is this movie special to make it as the 100th post? Well after seeing this movie on its opening night on December 18th, 2009, I fell in love with what movies brought to my world. Films are an escape for me, an escape from the real world and into a completely different world. I then decided I wanted to pursue a career in the film industry. This is why this film is special to me.

Well thank you for staying 100 posts with me, and I hope you stay for more way beyond 100 posts! So stay tuned for more . . . coming soon.

The Motion Picture Buff

1 comment:

  1. Good Job Noah!!! (:
    100 posts is amazing! And the movie you did for the 100th post is also amazing! (:
    Love you <3

    ReplyDelete