Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Green Mile REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the movie, "The Green Mile." In this film  the lives of guards on Death Row are affected by one of their charges: a big black man who is accused of child murder and rap, yet has an extraordinary gift.

Well I might as well start off this review with the positives. So, the acting in this film is great! Tom Hanks really gives another great performance like he always does of course. He is really Paul Edgecomb in this film for sure. Then of course I have to mention Micheal Clarke Duncan (may he rest in peace). He really is amazing in this film. I have never seen this movie before, and I was truly moved by his performance in this film. He really gave an amazing performance as John Coffey. David Morse, James Cromwell, Sam Rockwell, Doug Hutchinson, Harry Dean Stanton, Jeffery DeMunn, and Michael Jeter are also in this movie. Well done, well done to all of you! I love it when a movie has a great cast that really fits there characters. It makes a movie so much more enjoyable. This movie script does really good with all the emotions that are in this situation that we are watching. You laugh, you cry, your even terrified, and then at one point your even horrified at what happens. So yes, I thought the movie did a good job with those emotions within the film. The story or premise I guess behind this film was also very good. It was very interesting to watch it play out. Now I do want to mention that the sound effects in this movie were awesome in fact. I usually don't mention sound effects, but in this film I actually noticed how good they were to the scene. I thought the sound team did a good job with this film.

Now I do have a negative to say about this film and I really think that this is the only thing I can think of, otherwise this film was in fact really good. "The Green Mile" really just DRAGS and DRAGS onward slowly. This film probably could have been about two hours long, but instead it is over three. This film just moves along so slowly, and in some spots to slowly. There are points in this film where you are just waiting/ hoping for something exciting to happen, but it probably won't happen for at least another five to ten minutes. Their are actually two more things I wanted to mention. First of all, how and why does John Coffey have the extraordinary gift? I really think they should have explained that? Then there is the fact that would a life sentence last that long? I feel like it would be a lot quicker right?

So all-in-all a slow moving movie that has truly phenomenal performances baked into it. For the ratings I am going to give this film a must-see rating because of Micheal Clarke Duncan's performance along with everyone else's. They all do a really good job. I will give it a DVD buy rating too along with a tour-de-force rating also. As for the rating out of five, "The Green Mile" is going to receive a 3.5/5 rating.

Well thanks for reading this review and I really hope you enjoyed it. Sorry for the delay in reviews, been busy around here but remember I can't promise one everyday anymore. I am attending Full Sail University and I have to work alongside that. I do promise some more tonight though. So make sure you stay tuned for more . . . coming soon.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment