Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Zombieland REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the movie, "Zombieland." In this film a home-bound college student, a master of arms tough guy on a quest to find a Twinkie, and two sisters on there way to an amusement park team up together to travel across a zombie infested America.

Well I had no hopes for this film. Lets just say I thought the whole thing was going to be a joke, gladly I was actually surprised to fine out that I loved this film very much.This film was extremely enjoyable, here are the reasons why. The whole story line was just great. I was engaged in the film the whole time, wanting more and more. All of the characters stories in this film you actually cared about, and the people playing the characters did a great job. This films main cast includes Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone, and Abigail Breslin. I thought each and every one of them did fantastic. Woody Harrelson really did steal the show though with his performance. Another thing this film had going for itself was that the humor in this film was actually enjoyable. I loved it, the funny parts made me laugh and it wasn't over-the-top funny. "I haven't cried like that since 'Titanic.'" Thought I would slip that in there. I did like the direction of the film, I thought Ruben Fleischer did a good job with it. I like when Jesse's character did one of his rules that it would pop up on the screen with a neat effect. Speaking of effects though I loved the looks of the zombie's. I also enjoyed how they didn't use the generic zombie where they hold there arms out and walk slowly. In this movie they sprint and I thought that made it more realistic (even thought the whole thing really isn't). Now the look of the film I also enjoyed. Cinematographer Micheal Bonvillian, was at the helm of this movie's cinematography and I thought he captured the film in a unique way. So yes in the end I did enjoy this film, it kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Though I do have some negatives to add to this review of, "Zombieland." Firstly (and mainly) I want to talk about the flow of the movie. I felt like this movie just flowed to quickly. It is about an hour and a half long, but I still think for a movie that it was fast-paced. It is like one thing is happening, but then little break and then WHAM on to the next thing. The ending I really didn't enjoy to much either. It left a lot of unanswered questions and things that could have used a bit of more explaining. I think that was about it though.

So all-in-all for being a somewhat of a horror film, I actually enjoyed it very much. I am going to have to give it a DVD buy worthy rating along with popcorn flick. You and your friends will definitely enjoy this film on a halloween movie night. As for the rating out of five, "Zombieland" will get a 3.5/5 rating.

Well thanks for reading this review of "Zombieland." I am hoping that you enjoyed it and will tune back in for more reviews. Do make sure you subscribe by email (in the sidebar) as to not miss my next post. By subscribing you will be emailed when I upload my next post. Make sure you also hit that like button. Now thanks again and stay tuned for more reviews of motion pictures . . . coming soon.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment