Thursday, October 18, 2012

(500) Days of Summer REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the movie starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt, "(500) Days of Summer." In this film we follow a man who falls for a woman who doesn't believe that true love exists. This man thinks he found it though, in her.

Lets begin this review with the negatives shall we? Well there are times when the movie jumps around and you can get lost at what is really going on. So I guess what I am trying to say here is that it can be confusing at points.

Really though I think that was all I could think of going back on it. I am a big romantic comedy drama person and this movie really appealed to me. The way this movie flowed was perfect. I liked the fact that they didn't follow the (500) days in order. It was sort of neat how they jumped around and told the story in a unique and fun way. Made the story more intriguing I think. The jumping around is what made it confusing but in a way it was also good. The twist in this movie was really great, and it just made me LOVE the ending of this film. So an excellent screenplay written by, Scott Neustadter and Micheal H. Weber. Now Joseph Gordon-Levitt really has became an excellent actor, and I think this film is what brought him to fame! He is really one of the greatest actors I have ever seen and he just pulls off an amazing performance every single time. Good job also to Zooey Deschanel . . . I usually always love her, and in this film she did equally as well. She just has this essence in a film that I just love, and she always seems to fit the part just right. I do also want to mention that I LOVE her voice. Not sure what about it is but I just do. Everyone else in this film also did quite a great job. Thanks for making this film enjoyable.  Now the music in this film was also extremely enjoyable, I thought it was very well done with the movie. Helped build the scenes I think. The last thing I really want to mention was the fact that this love story is just so unique in every way that you just can't help but love it. There is just a way you connect to it I think, I know I did personally.

So all-in-all a really unique film along with a unique love story. Watching it you will personally connect to it in some way. Now for the ratings I am going to give this film a date-night rating along with a must-see film. It really needs to be seen, but I will give it a DVD buy rating. As for the rating out of five, "(500) Days of Summer" is going to get a 4.5/5 rating.

Well thanks for tuning in to read this review, and I really do hope that you enjoyed it. As I am building up my list of movies I have seen now the TOP TEN FILMS list might be changing soon, so make sure you stay tuned for more . . . coming soon.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment