Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Departed REVIEW


Well the "Motion Picture Buff" would like to finally present the review for his favorite film EVER (so far at least. I would like to present the review for Martin Scorsese's "The Departed." In this film there are two people leading undercover lives. One is from the mob and is undercover in with the cops, and the other is a cop undercover in the mob. In this film we get violence and war between the two sides when both people are trying to find their enemies.

Well as this film is my number one film, all I have to say about it is positive things. This movie I am going to have to say is just perfect in every single way. Shall we start with the acting from this film? I knew Leonardo DiCaprio was an amazing actor from the film "Titanic" but I never thought he was this awesome. He pulls of the performance of a lifetime in this film. When his character is scared in the film you feel him being scared. When he is sad you feel him being sad. Leonardo just pulls of this character with precision. What really bugs me was that he never even got nominated for his performance. Then there is Matt Damon who does the same thing Leo does. Just gives an all-star performance. Then we have Jack Nicholson in this film as well, and let me just say he was born to play his role in this film. He could 100% be a mob boss after this film. In this film we also have Mark Wahlberg, Martin Sheen, Ray Winstone, Vera Farmiga, Anthony Anderson, and much more. Every single actor in this film does a GREAT job with their performance. I loved them all so much. For that you also have to give the director Martin Scorsese some credit too. He was the one who had to bring out all the talent in this amazing cast. On top of that he also had to create an amazing movie which he did. The action and intense scenes were all just fantastic, GREAT job Martin. You really know how to direct a film. The screenplay of this film was done by Alan Mak, Felix Chong, and William Monahan. GREAT JOB with it guys. I love it, you had a great premise and a great story and you created my favorite film with it.   You had amazing and EXTREMELY unpredictable twists within the film. Some of them might have angered me but they were unpredictable and that is what I really love. The look and feel of the film was great and just kept you there on the edge of your seat wanting more and more. I remember watching this film for the first time and I just fell in love with it. The score I also wanted to mention. I thought it was extremely well done and it really added elements to certain scenes. So good job Howard Shore.

So why is this my NUMBER ONE favorite movie of all time? Well because it has an amazing cast that does a fantastic job with their parts. The story is just intriguing as all hell and it is full of surprises. All I can say is expect the unexpected when it comes to this film. Oh and be prepared to watch it more than once.

So all-in-all this film is FANTASTIC and is the number one film on my TOP TEN list. I am giving it a FOR SURE Blu-ray buy worthy and a great popcorn flick with friends. It is of course a must-see film. As for the rating out of five, I am actually going to do something different here and give "The Departed" a 6/5 rating. It is just that good. 

Well thanks for reading and I really hope you enjoyed this review. I exceptionally hope that if you haven't seen this movie that you go buy it now and enjoy it over and over again. Thanks again and stay tuned for more . . . coming soon.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment